Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day!

This first photo is of my mother and my grandmother
 in the 1930's.

I am so grateful...
 for having had such strong and loving women in my life.


It's been a year since my Mom passed away...
I miss her every day and I guess I always will.

Mom and sister Lynn

Mother's Day has always been an up or down day for me.
For years it was a sad day...
... as I didn't think I would ever be a mother.

And then after a long ten years, our Daniel was born...
That was a special, joyful Mother's Day...
And Katharine, our baby girl was born just two years later...
...now we had the family I longed for.


I loved being a mother.
well, usually :)

I just received a delivery of beautiful roses and chocolates
from my two great kids, Dan and Kate.
 I'm a lucky girl...
...and very, very grateful.

So, I guess tomorrow will be an up and down day!
As I count my blessings and miss my Mom.

Wishing all you mothers, grandmothers, aunts,
daughters, sisters and friends...
a  joyful day!
:)
Working on those Brimfield pictures!

18 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

When I miss my mom, I look at my hands, they resemble her hands, and all is well. Cherish the memories.

LizlovesVintage said...

Yes, I hear you. Same here, as I miss my Mom too :)
I guess we'll be in the same boat tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day!
xxx Liz

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi Laura....funny I feel the same way you do....my mom only saw Meg once...she held her and said...."she has old eyes and an old soul....she has been here before" it took me years to figure out she was right!!! I will miss them both tomorrow.Lots of love,Chrissy

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Lorys said...

Hugs and love to you on Mother's Day, my friend!

You have all my love and support and understanding. Love you bunches!!!

XO,
Anne

mary pernula said...

Happy Mothers Day Laura, it has been 20 years since the loss of my mother, time heals. Our mother's love will be with us for life, embrace it. Love Mary

oldgreymare said...

I'm riding the roller coaster also right along with you.
Happy Mother's Day Laura <3
xx
z

pballard said...

Happy Mother's Day my friend. I love your header. My mom is so very sick this year.. We are dealing with lots of changes in our near future.. My blogs are a time for me to sit and get some peace.. Thanks for blessing me with yours..

manon 21 said...

c'est beau Laura.
Une pensée pour toi pour cette journée ,ce n'est pas encore la fête des mères en France.

Amicalement,

Manon

KKvinneblogger said...

How beautiful pictures!
here in Norway we celebrate Mother's day in Februarey.
Happy Mother's day to you! :)

judi said...

laura,
what precious pictures and such a tribute to your mom. hoping your mother's day is filled with more ups than downs!
my bro came through the traffic of brimfield on his way to our mom's from the mass. coast this weekend...it was crazy. someday, i will get there! look forward to your pics.
happy mother's day!
judi

It's me said...

Big hugs from me darling.....xxx..

Anne said...

Happy Mothers Day.
Anne

d e l i g h t said...

I understand. For seven years it was a sad day for me as well until I had a wonderful boy who is the delight of my life. I love seeing your family photographs. A wonderful day to you.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Happy Mothers' Day!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So much of life is a mixed blessing. MD is always up/down for me. I'm so glad you found happiness in your beautiful children. These are sweet photos of your Mom. Happy Day!

Carole said...

Happy Mothers Day sweetie!!!!!

x
Carole

Nella Miller said...

Beautiful tributes to all the mothers in your life, Laura....it is always difficult for some of us.....hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day! N.xo